Robert

I'm having problems printing because the system is saying that spools isn't running and it won't turn on by using the services command, any suggestions?

What is the exact text of the error message you receive when you try to
start the print spooler?

--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having problems printing because the system is saying that spools
> isn't running and it won't turn on by using the services command, any
> suggestions?

Justin

I just loaded xp and am trying to update my printer driver and received the same message - printer spooler not running.
So it tells me opertion incomplete and will not add the printer.

----- Cari (MS-MVP) wrote: -----

What is the exact text of the error message you receive when you try to
start the print spooler?

--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having problems printing because the system is saying that spools
> isn't running and it won't turn on by using the services command, any
> suggestions?

Start the print spooler...from the command prompt, type

net stsrt spooler
(and hit enter)
www.coribright.com

"Justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just loaded xp and am trying to update my printer driver and received
the same message - printer spooler not running.
> So it tells me opertion incomplete and will not add the printer.
>
> ----- Cari (MS-MVP) wrote: -----
>
> What is the exact text of the error message you receive when you try
> start the print spooler?
>
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
> "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having problems printing because the system is saying that
spools
> > isn't running and it won't turn on by using the services command,
any
> > suggestions?

Justin

I just tried that and then went in to set up my printer, I received the following message: "Spooler subsystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry. It then asked if I wanted to send a report or not.

See the following KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757
--

>I just tried that and then went in to set up my printer, I received the
>following message: "Spooler subsystem App has encountered a problem and
>needs to close. Sorry. It then asked if I wanted to send a report or not.

This is invariably caused by using the "Setup a Home or Small Office
Network" wizard. Microsoft articles 324757/810894 do not resolve the
problem and send novice users into the registry.

Instead download the utility posted by Brother Ltd which repairs the
spooler:
http://tinyurl.com/5jn6y

--
alan.1