Question Sporadic frame drops on PC ?

Dec 26, 2021
My PC has been having an issue for over a year now which started with very slight and quick stutters in frames and has developed over time into more dramatic and larger frame drops. There seems to be no correlation between the frame drops but it has begun to get unbearable.

these are my specs:

Threadripper 1950x
1080 ti
48 gb ddr4 ram
ROG Zenith Extreme motherboard

I do not have heat issues, I clean it frequently and I have a liquid cooling system as well. All of my drivers are up to date and my HDD and SSDs are all healthy. My PC is also on a 10% overclock and when I play games hardly any of the GPU, CPU, or memory is used up. I'm not quite sure what my issue is. My psu can support my specs.

also note that my parts are almost four years old, not sure if maybe they've been dying on me.

Dec 26, 2021
game on the hdd and os on the ssd?
how full is the ssd? what the usage during the game?
malware scan the system?

windows 10 and all games are downloaded onto the ssd. hdd is used for miscellaneous storage.

the ssd is 80% full and has 78 gbs of space left. In game usage of my parts looks like: 40-46% CPU usage, 20% memory usage, 3% ssd usage, 25-35% GPU usage.

Windows threat protection says 0 threats, not sure how good quality the free scanner is though.