Question spotify premium downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
hi

is downloading a song/playlist/album/podcast the same as doing so in itunes? would I have a copy of that song/playlist/album/podcast like in itunes?

No.
Downloading in spotify doesn't mean you get an actual mp3 file and you have that song forever.
If you have spotify premium you can just download the song to the app, making it so you don't need internet to listen to that specific song, though if you uninstall spotify, or become not premium, you will lose that capability.

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
No.
Downloading in spotify doesn't mean you get an actual mp3 file and you have that song forever.
If you have spotify premium you can just download the song to the app, making it so you don't need internet to listen to that specific song, though if you uninstall spotify, or become not premium, you will lose that capability.

o ok so it's only there for as long as the playlist that I "saved" the song from keeps it on there?

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Didn't really understand what you mean by this

If you have premium, you can download a song. that means you don't need internet to listen to it.
If you then cancel premium, you can't listen to it without internet anymore.

what I wanted to know is if the song is saved as a file like in itunes, but I guess not. does apple music give you that option?

As already said above, Spotify (and other streaming services) lets you "download" a song only yo have it playable while you are off Internet connection. But you can play this song only using Spotify itself, and you can do as long as you have the license to do that (that is, for as long as you aresubscriber).

You have two options to have said music as MP3.FLAC/WAV:
  • buy the song / album.
  • use other means to record it while it's being played.

Status
Not open for further replies.