Spotify Suspends Download Purchases in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave: I want to listen to Boston.
Spotify: I'm sorry Dave i can't let you do that.
Dave: What's the problem?
Spotify: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
Dave: What are you talking about, Spotify?
Spotify: I know that you and Frank were planning to switch to iTunes, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

ushyperion

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Good news. I live in Europe and we hate such programs as iTunes and Spotify. Who wants commercials in their music anyways. And who want to pay for a program that uses your bandwidth all the time, meaning when you have no connection, no music. At least that's how i experienced Spotify. I said from the beginning that this program does not have a chance in Europe. I can't wait for this copyrights war to stop sometime. When will people see that downloading music and movies does not make them poor. If they make real music, people would buy their stuff anyways and go to their concerts. And for movies there already is a great solution HULU and Netflix, but then again that's only in 'Murica. So here we still HAVE to newgroup our movies. Ye or pay E60~$80 per movie.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]God forbid you OWN the song after PURCHASING it. My God has the world gone MAD! (i know, i know)[/citation]

"the company is putting the kibosh on new download purchases" ...
... UNTIL THEY DECIDE TO GO FURTHER ...

@abbadon_34: I'm not sure why you're being down-voted. Making complete sense.

//begin thread hijack//
These guys... Pandora. Apple. All online services where you cannot retain an uncontrolled copy of what you pay for... All the same. Changing the rules amid business should be a HUGE red-flag to any customer.
Situations like this are why I go physical media route. I have a physical copy. NEVER, **EVER** go with online music purchasing thru some company, even Crapple (after Tim Cook destroys it).
When they sink, or change their business to get out of the portable music business, your money is gone, and so is your music.

Let's say Apple "pulls a Sony" and removes a feature after you pay for it.
Hey you agreed to it in the EULA/TOS..., right?
Oh, wait, you clicked accept without reading all gazillion pages....?

Physical copies of your media. Buy it. It's yours. The company can't change the TOS on that after the fact. Period. I don't rent my paid-for tunes.
Go ahead and down-vote me...
//end thread hijack//

richarduk

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
[citation][nom]blibba[/nom]Pay the license holder whatever you think they deserve from you, pirate the track whenever you want.[/citation]
What you do for a living, will be ok if your boss pays you what he thinks is ok? Maybe also pop into your house and take any item he likes?
Piracy is called piracy for a reason, it's theft!

blibba

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]richarduk[/nom]What you do for a living, will be ok if your boss pays you what he thinks is ok? Maybe also pop into your house and take any item he likes?Piracy is called piracy for a reason, it's theft![/citation]

My boss does pay me whatever he likes. As for taking (copies of) stuff from my house, no, I don't mind, as long as I get to keep the original.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
[citation][nom]ushyperion[/nom]Good news. I live in Europe and we hate such programs as iTunes and Spotify. Who wants commercials in their music anyways. And who want to pay for a program that uses your bandwidth all the time, meaning when you have no connection, no music. At least that's how i experienced Spotify. I said from the beginning that this program does not have a chance in Europe.[/citation]

Erm I guess you haven't used it in a while then? Or bothered to actually subscribe and help pay (no matter how little) to the music you were listening to?

I switched over to a standard £4.99 Spotify account (no adverts) about 2 years ago. I now no longer bother with my CD collection. I am now listening to more new stuff than ever before.

Works for me and it seems the ever growing number of users/subscribers.

Your loss I guess.

G

I've been using Spot for for a few years and only ever bought one download.Like a few others I hardly ever play CDs unless it's something Spot doesn't have ,like Floyd and a few others.

G

Same here in NL. And i am honestly trying to BUY for the music I want to own the files... that on TOP of the subscription services I am paying. What is wrong with this people?

Status
Not open for further replies.