Question sppsvc.exe crashing laptop

Dec 1, 2019
I have a bit of a strange problem. I recently bought a powerspec 1720 and ever since I bought it, this problem has occurred. The first time I turn it on on any given day, within 10 minutes the screen will go black for a second, then it will be at full brightness. Withing 5 minutes the laptop will start lagging and crash. I checked the processes while this happened and every time, it's sppsvc.exe that is running and taking about 15-25% cpu before the system crashes. Even if I terminate the process, the screen remains at max brightness and the computer crashes anyway.
The only thing that has stopped this from happening is disabling sppsvc.exe in the registry but then an antipiracy watermark appears in the bottom right corner of the screen. Is there anything I can do to prevent sppsvc from activating, or prevent it from crashing my computer.

As an aside, I think sppsvc activating has something to do with the graphics card because the screen is forced to max brightness and can't be lowered and if I'm playing a game or watching a video, they also crash. Any help would be appreciated since I'm out of ideas.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS