Sprint About To Change Its $60 Unlimited Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_31

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Actually T-Mobile also offers a completely unlimited plan for $80, and they had an unlimited family plan 2 lines for $100 completely unlimited. T-Mobile also includes 7.5GB of wifi tethering included with their plans unlike any other carrier. Might want to revise your post there buddy.

kewlguy239

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2012

I would gladly revise and update the post, except that I never stated that Sprint was the only carrier with unlimited data plans. I very specifically wrote "...one of the only wireless companies..." and "...a service that few carriers still offer." Sprint's direct quote from the press release that I used for the article even acknowledged competition, with the company doing the marketing for me by boasting that it is more affordable than other brand's unlimited rates.

I appreciate your feedback, and perhaps a direct comparison of T-Mobile against Sprint would have emphasized a deeper value offered by the limited-time rates, and even the value of the regular price after the deal expires. However, I'm not a cheerleader for Sprint, and I don't hold some irrational hatred for T-Mobile, and the "just the facts" version of what the company is offering says enough to the point such a comparison would make, without the need to do a direct comparison.

We usually save epic value showdowns of this nature for reviews with a much larger format to give these battles enough page to keep it on topic with a thorough analysis. If you'd like to read about one of our upcoming reviews like that, check out our ISP Review launch post, and check back later when we publish the results of our reader poll. Maybe we will even do a wireless provider deathmatch of some sort in the future.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed the article, buddy.

-Derek Forrest

HideOut

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Their tethering is still a separate thing? VZW just leaves it as part of your regular plan. I guess that way you cant buy an unlimited data plan and use that data for your house wifi. Sucks they make it a "feature" thats included on regular plans.

youcanDUit

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

60<80. also for the family plan the key word there is HAD. it's no longer available.

youcanDUit

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

How good is sprints coverage? aren't they pretty much an mvne or mnve or whatever it is?

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I use ATT's network through Straighttalk's bring your own phone. Pay $50 per month for unlimited calls, text, data. Never been happier with a service, screw the big carriers.

voodoochicken

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
$60 PLUS $10 for smartphones, $70 becomes $80 and taxes are likewise inflated. I was a Sprint customer for years but left for a no contract carrier

eltoro

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It never ceases to surprise me how in the US, where common goods are so much cheaper compared to Israel, communication costs a lot more. Internet costs should cost less than in Israel as the ISPs don't have to lease or install costly undersea lines to the Internet backbone, but they cost more, which is an absurd.
This is purely due to lack of competition and lack of anti business cartel enforcement.
You should blame your government for that.
BTW, a 5GB package in one of the large cellular companies costs around $10 (with unlimited calls and SMS). An unlimited package costs around $30.

MeeLee

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2014
Metropcs actually still charges 60, from a time even before any others where charging this amount.

61 if you want to block commercial callers.
It also comes with 6GB of tethering, and 4g lte 15mbps down. Can't beat that!

thuckabay

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
I live in the Denver Metro area, which is one of the major areas in the country where Sprint is implementing its Spark technology network. While Sprint does a lot of boasting about the network and its service, the reality is fairly appalling: the coverage is highly inconsistent from one area to another, and very few areas offer better data throughput than LOW-speed 4G LTE! Those areas where Spark actually makes any difference at all are, however, remarkable: I've hit speeds up to 70Gbps download and nearly 20Gbps upload. Unfortunately, those high-speed Spark-enabled nexuses are few and far-between, even in a geographic area about which Sprint boasts. Basically, on the whole, the Sprint network STILL SUCKS, even with Spark, and that is because even now, in October 2015, there are still far too few Sprint towers, let alone ones that are Spark enabled. ALL the other major carriers have better average data throughput because their networks are not so sparse as Sprint's. It's time for Sprint to pony-up and get serious about their coverage areas, and consistent coverage, especially for Spark, or Spark will become known as Sparse rather than Spark!

Status
Not open for further replies.