Sprint is dinging my credit due to their error and will no..

I found out that Sprint is dinging my credit for a deliquency.

I called Sprint to find out that they had incorrectly charged a
cancellation fee on an old account. They have since corrected this in
their system and insist that I don't owe them any money.

However, their collection agency -- Allied Interstate -- is still
reporting this as a delinquency. I've spent hours on the phone with
Sprint and several calls to Allied and they both blame the other for
the inaccuracy.

Sprint repeatedly promises to send me a letter within 3-5 days (they
refuse to fax one), but nothing ever arrives.

Allied Interstate is sympathetic but says that is what their info from
Sprint says. They say it isn't unusual for Sprint to make these kinds
of mistakes and they've given up trying to get Sprint to correct them,
because they have to deal with the same inept agents that I do.

Is there ANYONE at Sprint I can call about this who might actually be
useful? I'm trying to buy a house and this is proving to be an
obstacle.

Try a lawyer. It is illegal to incorrectly report bad credit and not
fix it.
Porter

Porter Haskew <phaskew@comcast.net> wrote:
> Try a lawyer. It is illegal to incorrectly report bad credit and not
> fix it.

MAKE SURE YOU DISPUTE EVERYTHING IN WRITING.

As credit card companies will tell you, complaining or arguing over
the phone won't preserve your rights. Make sure you document every last detail
to the collection agency.

Mike

Splendid

Alan Smith wrote:

> I found out that Sprint is dinging my credit for a deliquency.
>
> I called Sprint to find out that they had incorrectly charged a
> cancellation fee on an old account. They have since corrected this in
> their system and insist that I don't owe them any money.
>
> However, their collection agency -- Allied Interstate -- is still
> reporting this as a delinquency. I've spent hours on the phone with
> Sprint and several calls to Allied and they both blame the other for
> the inaccuracy.
>
> Sprint repeatedly promises to send me a letter within 3-5 days (they
> refuse to fax one), but nothing ever arrives.
>
> Allied Interstate is sympathetic but says that is what their info from
> Sprint says. They say it isn't unusual for Sprint to make these kinds
> of mistakes and they've given up trying to get Sprint to correct them,
> because they have to deal with the same inept agents that I do.
>
> Is there ANYONE at Sprint I can call about this who might actually be
> useful? I'm trying to buy a house and this is proving to be an
> obstacle.

Find out what credit bureau is reporting this. Write them a short
letter. Tell them that their records are incorrect. Keep it short. They
have to research the record and remove it, if incorrect.
-mike

Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message news:<TLwsc.9027$be.1265@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

> Find out what credit bureau is reporting this. Write them a short
> letter. Tell them that their records are incorrect. Keep it short. They
> have to research the record and remove it, if incorrect.
> -mike

I've already tried this -- it's a useless step. The "research" that
the credit bureau does amounts to asking the creditor reporting it "Do
you think you got it right?" If the creditor says "Yes", you're SOL.

There is no appeals process here. It's up to you to convince the
creditor that they're doing it wrong.

Ron

That will do ZERO good.
A complaint to the credit reporting agency only requires they
reconfirm with the reporter (Sprint).

You need to do the following

1) Do you have ANY of this in writting? If no, first try to get proof
they agree you do not owe them money.

2) Look up the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act). Sprint has 30 days
to complete an investigation. Make your request in writting. Send it
certified. The problem is if you push to hard they can say to do

the problem is if you push too hard and have nothing in writting they
can always say the bill is legitimate. Get the bill issue in writting
first, then go to the next step