Sprint No Longer Bidding to Purchase T-Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is if Deutsche Telekom wants to drop T-Mobile USA so badly. Why not just let the free market settle on a price instead of finding one entity to buy it outright? Just sell the shares through the stock market and let it become it's own corporate entity again.

Chris Droste

Honorable
May 29, 2013
sprint as an owner didn't make any sense to me infrastructure-wise anyway. Sprint's on CDMA while T-mo is GSM-based. i think even their LTE bands are different. but i Imagine that spectrum that VZ bought, then sold that T-mo now owns could make it pretty appetizing for LTE build out. I just really wanna know why the fu- did their data suddenly goto hell in my work building but outside it's fine in just the last month.

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
I agree with pills161, Leave my T-Mobile alone. Best service I've ever had. Cheapest and is heavily saturated in all the areas I travel. Gotta love Jump! If I were in non-metropolitan areas, I'd probably go with Verizon. But I'm city-folk ;)

I agree with pills161, Leave my T-Mobile alone. Best service I've ever had. Cheapest and is heavily saturated in all the areas I travel. Gotta love Jump! If I were in non-metropolitan areas, I'd probably go with Verizon. But I'm city-folk ;)

I Tried T-Mobile, the data was garbage. My area in south east PA is heavily populated, ATT, verizon, Sprint have all had 3G and 4G coverage for years here. Meanwhile even at T-Mobiles coporate store here, you can only manage edge speed, and even then it's super slow, like less than 56kbps. I guess if you never leave the city it's fine, but for anyone else, it's crap. Sprint would have really boosted their out of area 4g coverage if they could align the LTE bands between brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.