[SOLVED] Squeaky ssd drive

NisterOwO

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
Hi! A few months ago ( exactly 3 months ago ) my ssd drive started to make some strange noises. Also from this time it started slowing down when i'm installing some massive programs like 20 gb. Sometimes it even slowed down my os to that point i wasn't able to move my mouse or close program for few seconds and sometimes it showed to me bsod. When it start to make these noises I notice in task manager that my average reply time even gets to like 4000 ms, reading speed slows down and me disc gets to 100% For now I tried to:

• Do format and clearly install windows milion times
  • Restart my bios settings to default
  • Change sata cables and connect them to different sata ports
  • Make a partition for os and programs with games
Here's my PC spec:

• amd fx-8300 4.4 GhZ
  • 4x4 ddr3 corsair cl9 1800 mhz
  • asrock 970m
  • SanDisc Ultra ll 480gb ( this guy is here a problem )
  • Some 1tb hdd drive
  • gigabyte rx 570 8gb
  • silentium vero m2 bronze 600w
  • Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1256]
Sorry for my bad english if I made some language mistakes
Also I forget to tell you that my ssd drive has a little above 3 years

Solution
Do a secure erase on your SSD to put it back to a factory condition, albeit with 3 years of use on it. An SE can make a real difference after a long period of time. Also, insure that it never gets too full (shoot for 80% tops).

NisterOwO

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
Do a secure erase on your SSD to put it back to a factory condition, albeit with 3 years of use on it. An SE can make a real difference after a long period of time. Also, insure that it never gets too full (shoot for 80% tops).

Thank you! Secure erase fixed that. My ssd is now quiet and efficient. I also updated San disc firmware in dashboard 3.2.2.9 ( didn't know earlier I could do that )

Reactions: RealBeast