[SOLVED] SRTTrail.txt Whenever using startup repair.

Psyklonic

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
Hello, recently got a pc from cyberpowerpc and i've had an issue when i would use startup repair. I get the SRTTrails.txt on my D: Which is my HDD and completely empty.

So i decided to unplug my HDD and try on my m.2 and i still got the same error when trying to do a start up repair. Only difference is that my M.2 i can clearly see the srttrail.txt and the folder

i was stuck on a bootloop the first day but i did a system restore and haven't ran into a bootloop since. Its only when i do startup repair.

What can be causing this issue. Im at a loss right now and im not sure if i should just RMA it and ask for a refund.

Last edited:
Solution
SRTTrails.txt
this is a file name I often see where the only answer is a clean isntall

Strange to get it running startup repair... why are you running startup repair?

open powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow
and press enter

(if you type them, make sure spacing is correct)
First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Lutfij

Titan
I doubt this is cause for an RMA, perhaps a reinstall of the OS might clean up the issue though before you do take the dive, mind sharing what your partitions look like in Disk Manager while your storage drives are yet hooked up to the board? You might want to also prepare a bootable USB installer for the OS using Windows Media Creation Tools, which you'll be using to reinstall the OS with, later.

Colif

Win 11 Master
SRTTrails.txt
this is a file name I often see where the only answer is a clean isntall

Strange to get it running startup repair... why are you running startup repair?

open powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow
and press enter

(if you type them, make sure spacing is correct)
First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Solution