MamedovA

Honorable
Mar 10, 2015
My monitor have 1440x900 resolution, but I’d like to play in games like it is FullHD. What technology will show more accurate results in comparison with native FullHD ? And what technology have more impact and why ?
Thank you for your replies in advance!

Solution
You need to use AMD' DSR, assuming you have an AMD GPU. SSAA is different. It's a form of AA. Though, I still recommend you enable DSR when playing games.

SSAA, the most primitive, supersampling renders the scene at a much higher resolution than the one displayed and down-samples the image using multiple samples to produce each pixel. There are quite a few downsampling patterns available, grid and rotated grid being two that are commonly used in games.

The first pattern splits each pixel into several sub-pixels and uses samples from each sub-pixel’s centre to produce the output. Rotated grid is a bit more sophisticated, as the sample pattern is rotated to keep samples from aligning. This can improve...
You need to use AMD' DSR, assuming you have an AMD GPU. SSAA is different. It's a form of AA. Though, I still recommend you enable DSR when playing games.

SSAA, the most primitive, supersampling renders the scene at a much higher resolution than the one displayed and down-samples the image using multiple samples to produce each pixel. There are quite a few downsampling patterns available, grid and rotated grid being two that are commonly used in games.

The first pattern splits each pixel into several sub-pixels and uses samples from each sub-pixel’s centre to produce the output. Rotated grid is a bit more sophisticated, as the sample pattern is rotated to keep samples from aligning. This can improve anti-aliasing quality significantly in most cases. Generally speaking, SSAA provides exceptional image quality, but the performance hit is major here because the scene is rendered at a very high resolution.

By the way, SSAA used to be referred to as FSAA (Full-scene anti-aliasing) before...

Last edited:
Solution

DSR is for nvidia GPU. for AMD they were called as VSR. although nvidia DSR is almost fully software solution unlike AMD VSR where supported resolution depending heavily on hardware scaler support on AMD GPU. that's why DSR work even on older generation GPU like Fermi.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.