Question SSD´s don´t work together

Jul 14, 2019
Hey guys.

This is the story. I have a Kingston V300 120 GB SSD, which I use for Operative System and applications and a Toshiba 7200 RPM HHD for main storage, but recently my 120 GB SSD started to run out of space, so I decided to get a larger SSD and bought a Crucial BX500 with 240 GB in order to use it as my new OS Disk and leave the Kingston one for storage, the same as the Toshiba’s. I plugged the the new SSD and did all the usual stuff: I installed Windows on the Crucial disk and formatted the Kingston. However I can’t get both SSD’s to work together, I mean: If I unplugged the Kingston SSD, the pc boots and runs into windows without trouble, but when I plug the Kingston drive it just doesn´t boot anymore, in fact, when all drives are plugged and I enter the BIOS, the Kingston SSD isn’t listed as connected. I tried changing this drive to another SATA port and Ichanged the SATA cable but so far, I couldn’t find the solution for this problem. I even checked the drive by plugging it to another pc and it was detectec normally like any empty dirve, so If any of you figures out something else I could try, I’d be thankful!

PS: My board is an ASUS-B350 Plus, paired up with a Ryzen 5 1600 and 16 GB of Ram by Mushkin and an old MSI GTX 750 TI... In case you ask!

Thank you again!

Jul 14, 2019
Hi, USAFret, thanks for you're answer.

Yes. The Kingston was connected when I installed the OS from a pendrive. So, before the installation process begun, I formatted both SSD's. The other drive is that Toshiba 7200 RPM 1 Terabyte Hard Drive I mentioned. And, here's my screencap.

https://ibb.co/Jq5HpkY

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019
thump_9917555screenshot.png

Hello, popatim.

Thanks for the answer. I did what you told. When pc booted to desktop screen, I plugged the old drive and for two seconds I saw the explorer windows showing all the files inside this drive. Then, I wen to disk manager as you told and as you can see on the screen shot, the drive is gone. However, I can see the kinsgston drive in the device manager.