Question SSD - 0 bytes of 0

lanzzhein

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Whats happening...
I shut down my computer and in the next day, windows 10 didn't boot at all, it was only black/dark screen, showing nothing... I removed it from my pc and plugged the SSD in a SATA x USB conector and put it in another computer and I found out that the SSD was showing "0 bytes". I couldn't do anything at all when it was connected, it was very strange, all programs related to some kind of storage management could not load until I removed the USB conected to the SSD, for example, disk management didn't load, crystaldisk didn't load, data recovery programs didn't load... and after I unplugged it, they just instantly loaded...
I also tried to install windows again, however it couldn't get to the instalation itself if the SSD was attached/connected to the computer, it just kept in an infinte loop of loading.
I also couldn't boot windows 10 if the problematic SSD was connected, even having another SSD working good, even changing the boot option to the working SSD, it was only dark screen. This is why I was using a SATA USB conector to check the problematic SSD.
The next day, I tried again attaching the SSD to the SATA USB conector and plugged it on another computer, just to see if I could do something, or try something new, and it simply showed up in the disk management after some intense loading.
Now I dont know what to do, and I am here asking for help, if someone experienced something like me, or maybe someone has a fix for it.
I will leave some images and a brief desciption.

properties
zSs08Vs.png
qlBeUep.png

The error when I tried to change the letter assigned. I also reopened it, and refreshed.
iMGPAci.png

lanzzhein

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Its a Samsung 870 QVO, its probably 1 year old.
However, after I posted this comment, I ran a command on CMD as admin, "chkdsk /f /r" and in the stage 4( almost 12 hours) I had a sudden loss of energy and the process was lost, I turned on the computer again, and it didn't boot to windows, but it started the process all over again... when it finished, windows booted normally, and the disk was still "0 bytes" and not even showing in disk management, I removed it and connected it back, and nothing, it didn't even show something that it was connected... After like a few minutes all of a sudden the SSD was available to be used again... showing me everything that was in the SSD....
Somehow, something fixed it, maybe it was that command.