[SOLVED] ssd 100% on boot

Aug 30, 2021
my ssd causing my pc to boot in like 10 minutes and then the task manager shows 100% without acually running anything.
i disabled most startup apps, reinstalled windows 2 times and got a new ssd and that didnt fix it. after 2-3 restarts the ssd boots up at normal speed and runs fine.
2x mx500 500gb 1tb hdd

could my ram causing the issue?

Solution
system running slowly can be caused by lots of things, to include downloading/applying a fair amount of Windows updates; you might want to withhold judgement on the SSD being assigned blame if it is merely a symptom. Get all WIndows updates out of the way before expecting a smooth-running system)

(Additionally, a failing spinning drive can drag a system down into the gutter as well with background file indexing/ re-read attempts, etc..; you can temporarily disconnect the spinning drive which will certainly preclude it being a potential cause while trying to isolate)

If the system truly is having issues merely booting, it would seem improbable that two MX500s in a row were the issue...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What applications are being launched at startup? Check the Startup tab in Task Manager.

Also Resource Monitor may prove revealing. Close Task Manager and then look in Resource Monitor.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that are logged during boot up.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

You can also run "sfc /scannnow" and "dism" to fix things.

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

system running slowly can be caused by lots of things, to include downloading/applying a fair amount of Windows updates; you might want to withhold judgement on the SSD being assigned blame if it is merely a symptom. Get all WIndows updates out of the way before expecting a smooth-running system)

(Additionally, a failing spinning drive can drag a system down into the gutter as well with background file indexing/ re-read attempts, etc..; you can temporarily disconnect the spinning drive which will certainly preclude it being a potential cause while trying to isolate)

If the system truly is having issues merely booting, it would seem improbable that two MX500s in a row were the issue...

Solution