SSD 120GB Basic Questions

Tawxic

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Is a 120GB SSD drive overkill for just installing the OS (Windows 7)? Because So far on my PC Part List I have a 1TB HDD and a 120GB drive. I'm thinking about installing other programs on the 120gb ssd that are basic but I don't know what else I would put on there, and I could really use some help determining which basic programs I will need such as Adobe. That's really all I can think of, is there anything else I would need to include in the SSD drive?

Solution

The OS does not come with office.
I would recommenced putting all the programs and games on your ssd if they fit with some room left over, of course prioritizing the most used/most played.
Hello... Adobe can be installed on a std HD... anything with a large file load will benifit, such as games with Big map loads, CAD drawings..etc... Windows 8 install is about 13GB's. So a 32Gb SSD for a Windows SSD is a minimum? 200% over size consideration.

16bit

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Put the games and programs you use most on the ssd along with the OS. 120gb is a good size i wouldn't want anything smaller unless i was only going to put my os on it.

Tawxic

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I'll be playing Skyrim, Tera, Raiderz, and a couple other games but I believe i'll put the other games that don't have very slow loading times in the HDD while Skyrim (It being a loading time kind of game) in the SSD so I have maximum room in the SSD.
@Cons29 I'll just be using the essential Microsoft stuff like Office , sorry if this is an extreme noob questions guys but does the OS come with Office and what not?

16bit

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

The OS does not come with office.
I would recommenced putting all the programs and games on your ssd if they fit with some room left over, of course prioritizing the most used/most played.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS