Question SSD Adata SU800 - Update firmware or not ?

le721

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
I bought an Adata SU800 2TB. (ASU800SS-2TT-C )
It came with this Firmware: 02J0S8KA
When I click update on Adata Toolbox app, it asks me to go to the download page, where the only version available is: Q0922FS

But doing some research, this firmware available in the adata site is from May 2018, but some sites report the 2TB variant being released in August 2018, so what if I already have the latest firmware? Sorry if this is stupid question but I never updated a ssd firmware and I am a bit afraid, is it worth to update?

Any help is appreciated.

le721

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
There is very little information available about the different firmware updates so i would keep the current firmware version. You can always email Adata's customer service Technical Support for advice.
I sent a e-mail to their support and will wait for a anwser. I also noticed that the adata toolbox send me to download a firmware that is made for the m.2 version of the SU800, and the other firmware is also specific for ssds with other firmware that does not include mine.

So it seems none of the options are actually compatible with the drive I bought.
I will wait their anwser, but I guess it's better to keep the current firmware like you said, the drive is working fine and with the correct speeds. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

le721

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
Btw, I forgot to ask, but is it normal for a new ssd already come with the total writes in a big amount? As soon as I installed my SSD, I cheked Crystal Disk Info and HDSentinel, and both reported that it had already almost 2TB of data written to it, and was used for about 7 hours.

le721

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
Here is the print I took as soon as I installed it:
OaIZ2gV.jpg

I did a quick scan with recuva but didn't find anything, so I just ignored and kept using it