[SOLVED] SSD Affected by HDD to Boot up / PC Refuses to Start

bawse.hustler

Prominent
Nov 25, 2018
My SSD alone without any HDD start up pc normal 15 seconds or so which is my normal time, but when i plug in my Old HDD that was working perfectly up untill 1 day when i put some files only to it, and it became super slow so slow that it affects my SSD to Boot Pc.

My HDD that is slow all of a sudden if i plug it out, my SSD start pc normal 15 seconds, and when i plug Old HDD in the pc Refuses to start it gets stuck at the screen after Boot menu screen and i can leave pc on for 30 min and its still sitting and thinking with the dots going in a circle after boot menu screen usually after like 6-10 min i get a Disk check by windows that i try and correct the bad drive but since the HDD is so slow it takes like 8 hours so it to run it maybe more and i mean this drive was really healthy fast i felt no problems with it i put over like some 3gb files and it just went so slow.

Is there a way to force my HDD to not interfere with the Boot up of PC? i dont understand why the hdd even in first place is needed to boot since it has no windows on it just a clean drive with videos files on, so can i some how force Windows in boot menu maybe to skip running the HDD untill pc has fully started up to Desktop?

and also i have checked the HDD inside i screwed it up and it looks super clean not a single mark or dust on it mirror finishing like new might be a problem with the motor of the HDD i dont know.

Solution
It is a dead drive.

When Windows boots up, it does check all attached drives. This HDD being mostly dead...it freezes.

And since you apparently opened the HDD case up and exposed the platters...it is absolutely dead.
It was dead before, that just put the nails in the coffin.

It is dead.

USAFRet

Titan
It is a dead drive.

When Windows boots up, it does check all attached drives. This HDD being mostly dead...it freezes.

And since you apparently opened the HDD case up and exposed the platters...it is absolutely dead.

It is dead.

Solution

bawse.hustler

Prominent
Nov 25, 2018
It is a dead drive.

It is dead.
no its not dead mate still working just like it did before opening the plate dont make any differance to it still spinning sounding just fine like it did when it was working good its just slow nothing else like the read write speeds are dropped

i just wanna know a way to bypass boot since i have no clue why the HDD is even being used by windows to start it should have 0 impact on that since its the SSD that does the booting of the windows.

bawse.hustler

Prominent
Nov 25, 2018
A drive that spins does not mean a drive that 'works'.

As said...all drives are checked during the boot process.

Obtain a USB wall powered dock. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0099TX7O4
Put this (dead) drive in that.
Power up the PC, then power up the dock.
Revel in the reality of a dead drive.
Alright that seems like a good thing to try so you mean start pc fully up then i can power on the Dock station with the Bad HDD, so it act like an external HDD or?

bawse.hustler

Prominent
Nov 25, 2018
Based on your earlier description, that may already be a lost cause.
But do try it.
I have tryed it and good news, the drive feels 100% dead when you try it with cables in pc and it did not work to start, and same goes with the docking station it refuses to show up and start.

But since the docking station i bought has Cloning on it so you put the Bad drive in and a new Harddrive in slot 2 and it will clone everything from the bad drive to the New Drive and it worked it took around 17-18 hours hahah, but finally it went to 100% and i got all my files back so if anyone has same problem BUY a dock station with Cloning on and just do that from the start. Thanks a ton for the idea with dock station