Question [SSD] AGAMMIXS41-1T-C vs AGAMMIXS11P-1TT-C

Apr 11, 2023
Hello everyone, recently I've been having problems with a company over the warranty of a SSD I bought. I'll try to summarize as best as possible, but I apologize in advance for the long post, also sorry for any possible english mistakes since it is not my mother language.

I bought AGAMMIXS41-1T-C, it was defective. I hadn't even used it, it has a 5 years warranty. I sent it to the manufacturer, they confirmed it and offered me a ASX8100NP-1TT-C. I know the one I bought is a variant of this one, but I paid more for the AGAMMIXS41-1T-C, so why should I accept it?

I had to resort on my country's consumer defense organization because they were forcing this choice on me, they even sent me the offered model without my consent. Then after receiving the letter of investigation from my country's consumer defense they are now offering a AGAMMIXS11P-1TT-C.

They do have similar prices and some specifications, but upon comparing them on TechPowerUp, they have some different numbers like: Read Time (tR), Program Time (tProg), Block Erase Time (tBERS) and even the manufacturers for "controller" and "NAND Flash"

I don't know much (or anything, really) about this. I just wanted the product I paid for. But ok, since I am not capable of making this comparison, I come before you, the experts, and ask you: is this trade worth it? is this worse in ANY way? Because if it has a 0.01% inferiority in any aspect, I'll keep refusing until they give me my money back

I'll leave some links I found in my "research" here:

AGAMMIXS41-1T-C (the one I bought):
TechPowerUp page: https://www.techpowerup.com/ssd-specs/xpg-gammix-s41-tuf-1-tb.d130

ASX8100NP-1TT-C (the one they first offered me):

AGAMMIXS11P-1TT-C (the one they are offering me now):

Apr 11, 2023
I just wanted the product I paid for.
Very likely that the product you paid for has been scrubbed off shelves for being defective en masse. I'd settle with what you're given or ask for a full refund of the product you paid for.

I see :/ I would prefer a refund, I no longer trust this company and its post-sales service.. so anything they say I get the feeling they are trying to trick me. Unforunately, I don't now if they will give me the refund option...

S11 is basically the same drive but uses a different (better?) controller.
hmm interesting, better is in "?" because you don't know or because it is debatable?