SSD All of a sudden not showing up in My PC or Bios!!

Raabbit

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
So for a while my PC was running fine. For Storage I have a OCZ Trion 120GB SSD, and a 1TB Seagate HDD. One night I got off my computer for about an hour or two (didn't turn it off). I came back and went to wake up the computer like I normally do by pressing a key on the keyboard. The gigabyte logo flashed on my screen which surprised me and it said something among the lines of "Please insert proper boot device" Which was shocking because I had windows on my SSD.

I put the SSD in my brothers computer and used cables that were confirmed to be functional, and it didn't boot; it had the same message. So I installed W.10 on my HDD and tried to figure out the issue. The drive doesn't show up in the BIOS or under "My PC" however, when I go to Device Manager, under Disk Drives it says "Unknown Device" along with my Seagate 1TB Drive. I didn't know what it was at the time so I unplugged the SSD with the theory being that it might be the SSD. Sure enough, once unplugged it disappeared. So the unknown device is my SSD that had windows on it previously but all of a sudden vanished. Is there anyway I can get this SSD back?

Thanks for the help ^_^

Solution
Hello there, @Raabbit!

When you installed Windows onto the SSD, did you unplug the secondary 1 TB HDD? You might be encountering an OS confusion, so I'd suggest you repeat the OS installation on the SSD while the hard drive is unplugged from the SATA ports. I'd also recommend you check your boot priority and make sure it's set properly. You should also check your motherboard manufacturer's official website for the SATA controller & Chipset drivers for your model and manually update them from there. If you haven't tried this already, resetting BIOS might also help. (Just remember to re-configure the BIOS settings afterwards and more specifically the SATA mode in AHCI for the SSD). While on the website, you should also check...
Hello there, @Raabbit!

When you installed Windows onto the SSD, did you unplug the secondary 1 TB HDD? You might be encountering an OS confusion, so I'd suggest you repeat the OS installation on the SSD while the hard drive is unplugged from the SATA ports. I'd also recommend you check your boot priority and make sure it's set properly. You should also check your motherboard manufacturer's official website for the SATA controller & Chipset drivers for your model and manually update them from there. If you haven't tried this already, resetting BIOS might also help. (Just remember to re-configure the BIOS settings afterwards and more specifically the SATA mode in AHCI for the SSD). While on the website, you should also check your BIOS version and see if you have the latest one.

I'd strongly recommend backing up all data from your PC somewhere off-site before proceeding. Better safe than sorry, right?

Hope this helps. Keep me posted with the troubleshooting.
SuperSoph_WD

Solution