SSD and HDD for WIN 8.1

eslaver

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Hi all,

Yesterday I installed WIN8.1 pro to my new pc.
I used a usb device and during the installation process I chose to install only windows files on my SSD ( in order to install media - files to my HDD ).
After that everything was fine until I noticed that :
1. The device manager can ''see'' the HDD driver
2. In my computer I can see only my SSD driver with its contents and details

What I have to do in order to install programs into my SSD and how I will choose to place any other files to my HDD? Also why I cant see my empty HDD next to my SSD?

Hope what I wrote makes sense as I am new to SSD + HDD :)

Thanks a lot !

Solution
Find your way to the 'Control panel'. In the 'Administrative Tools' folder find 'Computer Management'. In the displayed windows go to 'Disk Management'. From here you should be able to see both your disks. The HDD disk may simply need a drive letter assigning or it may need partitioning and formatting. Beaware that either of these actions will destroy any data on the drive (though it sounds from your description like it is empty anyway).

Once you HDD appears as a drive you can use it. In terms of how to install things to either drive (SSD/HDD) you simply adjust the install path when installing a program. C: will be your SSD. D: or another letter will be your HDD.

noise

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
Find your way to the 'Control panel'. In the 'Administrative Tools' folder find 'Computer Management'. In the displayed windows go to 'Disk Management'. From here you should be able to see both your disks. The HDD disk may simply need a drive letter assigning or it may need partitioning and formatting. Beaware that either of these actions will destroy any data on the drive (though it sounds from your description like it is empty anyway).

Once you HDD appears as a drive you can use it. In terms of how to install things to either drive (SSD/HDD) you simply adjust the install path when installing a program. C: will be your SSD. D: or another letter will be your HDD.

Solution