Question SSD and HDD

Jul 30, 2019
Hello, a while ago i installed a M.2 SSD in my laptop, and i cloned everything from my HDD onto the SSD, but i still have the HDD with the OS and everything (i got the same files on my SSD as i have on my HDD.
I was wondering if i could remove everything other than the OS from the SSD and just have everything else on the HDD and how i do it if possible.
Although i want to ahve some games on my SSD so that they start up faster.

I hope someone can help me :D

PS: i used Macrium Reflect to cloned the HDD to the SSD.

USAFRet

Titan
  1. You need to fully wipe the old HDD. Having another OS on that serves no purpose.
  2. The only things you can really 'move' to the HDD are your personal docs, and Steam/Origin games. Anything else, like applications, would need to be uninstalled from the SSD and then reinstalled on the HDD.

Reactions: Bjarke Ipsen
Jul 30, 2019
  1. You need to fully wipe the old HDD. Having another OS on that serves no purpose.
  2. The only things you can really 'move' to the HDD are your personal docs, and Steam/Origin games. Anything else, like applications, would need to be uninstalled from the SSD and then reinstalled on the HDD.
but would i be able to use macrium reflect to remove it, or do i need to do something else?

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Not Macrium.

First, you 100% verify the system works with just the SSD>
Power off, physically disconnect the HDD, and ppower up.
Does it boot correctly?
If so, then you wipe the HDD clean.

Commandline tool diskpart, and the clean command will do this.

TRENDING THREADS