sitkces

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
Planning to buy an SSD and these are my choices
  • 480gb Patriot Burst
  • 480gb Team L5 Lite
  • 480gb Klevv Neo
  • 480gb WDC Green
From the choices above what is a good choice? Also how can i clone my HDD to the SSD? I dont have an external HDD to make a backup and our internet is slow as i do not want to redownload the already downloaded games on my PC. Thanks for anyone wiling to help.

When I bought my Western Digital SSD I found they had their own cloning software download, so perhaps other SSD manufacturers have their own too.

I see Macrium Reflect mentioned as well for cloning, so it might be something for you to look at as an alternative.

sitkces

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
When I bought my Western Digital SSD I found they had their own cloning software download, so perhaps other SSD manufacturers have their own too.

I see Macrium Reflect mentioned as well for cloning, so it might be something for you to look at as an alternative.

May i ask what HDD did you get? So far as to SSD I only heard Samsung that has a cloning software.

sitkces

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
I got an NVME WD Black: WDC WDS256G1X0C-00ENX0
And downloaded the Acronis cloning software from them.

As I mentioned, check the SSD manufacturer as they may have additional support for it.

Okay thank you for this! Do you have any idea how much space is taken up from my hdd before cloning it to the ssd? Should it be wll below 200gb or can it be below 300gb?

When cloning it's usually from a smaller drive to a larger drive. It won't work if the destination drive is smaller than the original. (Hope that makes sense.) I believe it's possible to shrink the partition to get around this limitation if needed (using Windows' disc management tools).

The cloning software itself shouldn't take up much space on the drive. Acronis on mine takes about 270MB.