SSD as MBR or GPT?

gnomex26

Commendable
May 1, 2016
Sorry this is in addition to my other thread but completely seperate, last question...When disk management detects my SSD card it askes if i want to initialize the partition as an MBR (master Boot Record) or a GPT (GUID partition table. I want to use my SSD as an additional drive NOT to boot windows, just want to use it to install games etc. Which do i choose? What is a GUID partition?

Thank you again

Solution
You don't seem to require a GPT format, so you can use MBR.

GUID partition table (GPT) disks use unified extensible firmware interface (UEFI). One advantage of GPT disks is that you can have more than four partitions on each disk. GPT is also required for disks larger than 2 terabytes.

gnomex26

Commendable
May 1, 2016
sorry couldn't figure out how to delete my thread but this link answered my question.... http://www.howtogeek.com/193669/whats-the-difference-between-gpt-and-mbr-when-partitioning-a-drive/

You don't seem to require a GPT format, so you can use MBR.

GUID partition table (GPT) disks use unified extensible firmware interface (UEFI). One advantage of GPT disks is that you can have more than four partitions on each disk. GPT is also required for disks larger than 2 terabytes.

Solution