Question SSD at 0% while gaming

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
Hey everyone just wanted to know if it is normal for a ssd with games installed in it be at 0% usage when gaming it will go to 3% rarely and HDD is being used more than the ssd when gaming is this normal?

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
The game is fortnite and its installed on the SSD

Also i set the paging file on HDD to none and on the SSD on system managed can that be the reason?

Last edited:
ah ok i thought it would make the game run a bit faster if installed on the ssd ill try to change that and see if it gets better
Even if you install games on SSD al it helps is loading them and cut-scenes faster but having OS and page file on SSD reduces background clutter and possibly gain some performance with that. Windows are always doing something on OS disk and booting will also be faster.

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
Even if you install games on SSD al it helps is loading them and cut-scenes faster but having OS and page file on SSD reduces background clutter and possibly gain some performance with that. Windows are always doing something on OS disk and booting will also be faster.
ah i see im downloading a fresh windows 10 now and ill install it to the SSD i tried to clone it but since it clones all the files and my ssd is only 120 gb im gonna need to fresh install thanks for helping me understand this :D