Question SSD at 23% health

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 8, 2021
NFcYz1R.png

My SSD KINGSTON (120GB) is at 23% of health, I don't remember exactly when I brought the SSD but the Power On Hours Counter is at almost 2 years, so i guess I brought 3-4 years ago or so because i turn up my pc at 10Am and turn down at 10PM-12AM.
I saw on some forums people saying that using virtual page file for memory tear down the SSD, but others said that is a myth.
I used the SSD for virtual page file so i guess that tear down my SSD, Is that the reason for the 23% health?
I use this SSD only for Windows 10+Apps.
I should move the virtual page file to a HDD? I only have one and is at caution on Health with no percentage.
For how long this SSD will live? There is anything i could do to make things better?

I'm not sure how to parse what he means by "virtual page file" but any sort of manipulation of it is pretty much obsolete/outdated at this point and has been for a while. If set up incorrectly it could definitely cause excess writes but it depends on the overall system (most have plenty of RAM these days). But in any case he did a lot of writes. His WAF doesn't seem particularly high for a DRAM-less consumer drive...which perhaps suggest the type of workload being done.

USAFRet

Titan
I'm not sure how to parse what he means by "virtual page file" but any sort of manipulation of it is pretty much obsolete/outdated at this point and has been for a while. If set up incorrectly it could definitely cause excess writes but it depends on the overall system (most have plenty of RAM these days). But in any case he did a lot of writes. His WAF doesn't seem particularly high for a DRAM-less consumer drive...which perhaps suggest the type of workload being done.
Right.
Workload, applications, and what physical RAM is in the system.

And its not just slower, but also drive lifespan.

I paid like $20 for a 128GB SSD and $30 for a 256GB SSD, their lifespan is the least of my worries. I would give more attention to their temperature.

But why XP? :unsure:

I have a lot of software that I don't need to update and the tasks are either simple or repetitive, for example batch resizing images or watching Youtube.