[SOLVED] SSD bargain

HideOut

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
I need help finding an SSD. 500GB class is probably fine. Ill take a 1TB if I get a steal though. NVMe please, no sata crap. Its going into a dell inspiron 7000 series. It came with a 2TB HDD and my god its beyond slow. Dell's bloatware compounds the issue. I plan to put the SSD in as a boot/main drive then reformat the 2TB as storage. Ive seen a few 1TB NVMe's for about 86 or less before, in fact at one point you could get the intel 660p for like 65 or something but now that I need it its back to 100. 500gb class drives seem to be in the 60 or so range. Im in the states and have tried Amazon (they should hire a geek from this forum to actually set up their PC parts area, its trash.), newegg and B and H photo (NYC, but has a massive website too). Any other places to look? Also going back to look for 256GB class drives shows them maybe about 36-40. That might not be horrible. I only need about 50 or so GB for OS and most of what little I do on it.

HideOut

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Ive seen those mushkin's and others, some are even cheaper (although the ones that are about $49 are SATA in 2280 form). Wish'd I had gotten the 1tb intel 660p when it was like $80 or something earlier this summer :(

TRENDING THREADS