SSD benchmark doesn't make sense/low performance

USAFRet

Titan

Use something other than the braindead userbenchmark.com.
CrystalDiskMark, for instance.

make sure you go to amd web page download the updated chipset drivers for the amd 900 chipset. the other issue is the ssd is to full. there no room for drive to do wear leveling or garbage clean up. try cleaning up old file off the drive (ccleaner). and windows disk clean up system files to remove old windows and old windows drivers. if you cant make the data on the ssd less then try and move some photos/music to slower hard drive back up drive.

ben_xman

Reputable
Mar 18, 2016
The chipset drivers are up to the latest versions. Checked several times.

I would agree with it being too full, but I don't believe 20GB free space would cause this much of a problem. Also, it has done this to me even when the drive was only using 60GB.

I clean and trim/defragment my drives very often, extremely anal about that, actually. So that's not the issue. I don't even store my media on that drive. Just too many large programs.

Using CCleaner is pointless in any cleaning attempt. To be completely honest you should stop suggesting that as a worthy tool. It does nothing to boost performance.

ben_xman

Reputable
Mar 18, 2016

Well, I turned off automatic trimming and actually use Defraggler manually weekly. Seems to do a more in-depth job than windows. But that's besides the point.

USAFRet

Titan

No, let Windows do that automatically.