ssd boot drive and 2hdd raid0

Quericoz

Honorable
May 5, 2013
Can i use my ssd as the boot drive and use 2 1tb hdd drives in raid0 as storage? I have tried different things but no succes so far...

I have Asus z77p8-v deluxe

Yes, you can do that.
Your SSD should be connected to one of the Intel 6Gb/s ports (SATA6G_1 or SATA6G_2). See page 2-2 of your motherboard manual for the location of the ports.

Your HDDs should be connected to any of the Intel 3Gb/s ports (SATA3G_3 thru SATA3G_6).

The ports your HDDs are connected to have to be in RAID mode. See page 3-22 for directions on changing SATA modes.

When you're done save your BIOS settings and reboot. During POST press "Ctrl-I" to enter RAID BIOS. When you're in RAID BIOS you can then create your RAID-0 array.
See page 4-24 for directions on setting up RAID arrays.

If you have not yet installed your O/S on your SSD then don't connect your HDD's until after O/S installation is complete.

Quericoz

Honorable
May 5, 2013

Thank you!
when i setup the hdd to raid0 i didnt disconnected them from the moderboard before installing then os...

Quericoz

Honorable
May 5, 2013

It booted up perfectly without running any repair programs, I just had to format the hdds in the raid0 with partition manager to see them in "my computer"