SSD Boot time question

Lennard Riezeweide

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013
Hello,
I just got myself a SSD finally for my new PC so i am really a noob on how SSD's start to perform after a while.
Was really pleased about the boot times because they were really fast.
But now is my question:
Now my other HDD is getting filled up abit i notice a difference in boot times per boot (even if i don't install anything).
Even though it does not take alot longer maybe 1-2 seconds i am scared that it is broken or something so i came here to ask for advice.
The only thing i notice about it being longer is the windows loadscreen going from
windows7load1_zpsc08859a9.jpg

till
Windows7load2_zps596a5287.jpg

i have nothing installed on the SSD except windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

So can someone say that this normal and nothing to worry about or is there something wrong with the SSD and the load times should be consistant?

SSD: Samsung 840 Series
HDD: WD blue 1 TB

Thanks in advance

Solution
That is normal as windows has to check/find all the items which are on the disk and if it is onlt windows which is on the SSD, there will be programs which run at start up which will be run off the HDD which will take more time than the SSD due to slower data transfer rates

Nuckles_56

Admirable
That is normal as windows has to check/find all the items which are on the disk and if it is onlt windows which is on the SSD, there will be programs which run at start up which will be run off the HDD which will take more time than the SSD due to slower data transfer rates

Solution

Lennard Riezeweide

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013

So it's quite normal that for every boot (even though i don't install or remove anything) the windows load screen can take a little bit longer or shorter then the other time? (

TRENDING THREADS