Question SSD boot up gone wrong

May 23, 2020
Hey guys, so I just recently got a Samsung 970 evo as my SSD and I wanted to make it my primary boot drive and store a couple games on there while still keeping my original HDD. I was trying to follow an installation tutorial but I think I messed it up. I downloaded windows onto a USB drive and booted up my computer through the BIOS. None of my files showed up but they're all still in my original hard drive. I also can't run certain apps like the origin game launcher because I get an error message that says VCRUNTIME140.dll. I tried following another tutorial on how to fix that but it still didn't work. I'm in kind of a mess and I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.

USAFRet

Titan
I downloaded windows onto a USB drive and booted up my computer through the BIOS. None of my files showed up but they're all still in my original hard drive. I also can't run certain apps like the origin game launcher because I get an error message that says VCRUNTIME140.dll. I tried following another tutorial on how to fix that but it still didn't work. I'm in kind of a mess and I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.
You did a fresh install on this new drive?

Then you need to reinstall all your drivers, applications, etc, etc.
They won't work when living on the old drive.