Ssd cant be detected as boot device but shows on bios pl help..

Turfyboy

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
First things first im planning on formatting my laptop for win7 ulti using a usb floppy but after that it shutdowns before putting up a name for it and then when i tried it again it says that need boot device or proper boot device after i clean all cmd my ssd pls help?

Solution
Te Rufus thing is to make a bootable USB with appropriate OS. If you are sure that USB is bootable with W7 on it, it should work but not as USB-Floppy but as USB-HDD if there is a choice in BIOS.
Once you boot from it and during the beginning of installation there is a menu from which you can choose what partition(s) to delete and on which to install windows. If you don't have any data partitions on that HDD you can delete all of them and than proceed to install windows on empty HDD.

Turfyboy

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016

No sir i mean the usual reformat on windows but my question is , is my ssd still in good condition? My laptop shutdowns in the process ..

Turfyboy

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016

I have a bootable usb wit win7 on it how shud i do this rufus thing?

Te Rufus thing is to make a bootable USB with appropriate OS. If you are sure that USB is bootable with W7 on it, it should work but not as USB-Floppy but as USB-HDD if there is a choice in BIOS.
Once you boot from it and during the beginning of installation there is a menu from which you can choose what partition(s) to delete and on which to install windows. If you don't have any data partitions on that HDD you can delete all of them and than proceed to install windows on empty HDD.

Solution