Question SSD Cloned but questions about the old drive

boogieman.zhou

Reputable
Feb 9, 2019
Okay so I have the SSD cloned from the HHD. I had intended to use a different Drive letter for the new drive, will changing that in Disk Management cause an issue? And the main reason, since it renamed the SSD to match the other HDD, the HDD is not showing up in My PC obviously. In Disk Management I see a (Disk 1 Partition 2) I am assuming that is the original HDD? Is that seeing the HDD as a "Second partition" of the SSD? If I click on the SSD in Disk Management it shows a Disk 1 with all the info I assume is the SSD and a Disk 2 Unknown and it is uninitialized which I am guessing is the HDD? How do I reclaim this drive?

QpMoyu5.png

Also I noticed that my two external drives, which are both MyBooks, are two different formats and am unsure if I should be concerned about this?

UhP6LOc.png

I assume it is no issue and the exFAT is just the newer of the two externals since that seems to be a newer and technically better format for usb externals?

Last edited:

boogieman.zhou

Reputable
Feb 9, 2019
On a side note. I had a HDD stop reading forever ago and I think it sort of read a bit after I redid all the connections. I am not sure if that is the item showing as disk 2 or if that is the HDD that I need to recover now that I have cloned it