SSD compatability advice

Jack5225

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Hello there I currently have a MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING motherboard and I'm looking to add a good SSD and do not know were to begin with compatibility or even general specs of SSDs to look at. Once installed Id love to reinstall windows onto the SSD to it boots faster and a few select applications so any help with that would also be greatly appreciated

Trying to start knowing more about hardware and building PCs and I have to start somewhere so if anyone could also point me in the direction of any classes, tutorials, blags ect to get started and eventually build a new PC from scratch

Any SSD with SATA connection should work. As for specs for SSD, go for higher capacity in your price range. Nobody but you can know exactly how big you need. Personally, I wouldn't go for anything less than 240GB. Any SSD will be so much faster than a HDD so no need for speed record holding SSD.

Jack5225

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Thank you very much thats a big help, how would I go about moving my OS from one drive to another. Also where can I start learning all this myself

Thanks again