[SOLVED] SSD Compatibility with my MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) (MS-7641)

Aug 8, 2020
Hello everyone!

I am currently looking for an SSD to buy that is compatible with my MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) (MS-7641). I was wondering if SSD CRUCIAL MX500 250GB SATA 3 will be compatible with it. Since I am quite a newbie when it comes to hardware, I would like to know whether I need a Controller or not.

Thank you a lot in advance!

Solution
Welcome to the forums :D
your fine.
That board has SATA onboard and supports SSD's. the compatibility list is old (small drives) because the board is old. you will only need another controller if all your SATA ports are in use.
you are good to go . enjoy.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums :D
your fine.
That board has SATA onboard and supports SSD's. the compatibility list is old (small drives) because the board is old. you will only need another controller if all your SATA ports are in use.
you are good to go . enjoy.

Solution
Aug 8, 2020
No controller needed.

If I may ask, what do you plan to do with this new drive?
What do you use the system for?
I am in a phase where I want to format my pc and install software development programs and only a few games.
I cannot afford to build a new pc right now, yet I would like to have the benefits of a small SSD.

you don't need a controller, you may need to make sure AHCI is enabled for best SSD performance, the board supports it - but some hard drives from that period were still set for IDE, so migrating may be a bit tricky. also make sure you use the SATA III ports for best performance.

Hello everyone!

I am currently looking for an SSD to buy that is compatible with my MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) (MS-7641). I was wondering if SSD CRUCIAL MX500 250GB SATA 3 will be compatible with it. Since I am quite a newbie when it comes to hardware, I would like to know whether I need a Controller or not.

Thank you a lot in advance!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS