[SOLVED] ssd connected but not booting .

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
my 120 gb ssd is connected to my computer with windows 10 pro installed it is showing in bios but during boot a screen comes with please insert a proper boot device and press a key. Is my ssd corrupted or windows deleted ?

ben001

Distinguished
Make sure you have rearranged your boot drive orders. That drive needs to be detected at first when you boot to your desktop screen. I would ask you to enter your BIOS screen - go to Boot - secure boot and then your options- save and exit.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
it was working then stopped. BUT eben when it was working there were some problems like i could not select auto hide taskbar
You can try a different SATA port but since it's detected in BIOS and was working you might need to try and reinstall windows.

You have made no changes in BIOS correct.

Most of the time if it's a windows problem it trys to go into repair at least.

EDIT. When reinstalling windows make sure no other drives are connected but the SSD.

Last edited:

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
You can try a different SATA port but since it's detected in BIOS and was working you might need to try and reinstall windows.

EDIT. When reinstalling windows make sure no other drives are connected but the SSD.
ok

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020

i think i might have converted win to gpt . and my mobo dont support uefi how do i change it back to mbr

USAFRet

Titan
will it reset it back to mbr
If you set it that way during the install, yes.

M Uzair Arshad

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
If you set it that way during the install, yes.

no i converted it later from troubleshoot cmd