[SOLVED] SSD Crucical BX500 Super slow

roberto15762

Honorable
Apr 28, 2015
I've have a Crucical BX500. When I bought it, the speed was normal. I could start using the computer as soon the desktop screen showed up.
But after several months, my SSD suddenly became very slow. It appears that each day it becomes slower. Nowadays I have to wait the same time (if not more) to start using the computer.

When I look into task manager, I see 100% activity time with very low speeds:

In CrystalDiskMark, the read speed looks normal most of the time, but the write speed doesn't go over 250mb/s and most of the time, It finished at 7,5mb/s.

I'm using Sata 3, AHCI etc. This did not happen in my previous SSD. The only difference is that I've cloned the previous SSD instead of a clean install. But I've installed linux in another partition and the problem didn't disappear.
Is my SSD just a piece of garbage or I'm having problens and should just replace it?

Solution
Unless something is messing with your benchmark process, it looks as if the first 120GB or so of your SSD is effectively dead. I'd replace it if I were you.

I use a BX500 too, but only the 120GB version. Here's a comparison of benchmarks of when it was new and after 15 months of use, 5250 hours of up time and 3.5 TBW. Your SSD has roughly the same length of run time and about three times the amount of TBW.

DNewLS2.png

By comparison, I used my Samsung 830 128GB for for 6 years until I moved it to another machine last year. It's still going strong and shows much less wear in HDTune even after 29220 hours of use and 26 TBW. I guess it's a clear demonstration of how much better a premium brand can be.

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Unless something is messing with your benchmark process, it looks as if the first 120GB or so of your SSD is effectively dead. I'd replace it if I were you.

I use a BX500 too, but only the 120GB version. Here's a comparison of benchmarks of when it was new and after 15 months of use, 5250 hours of up time and 3.5 TBW. Your SSD has roughly the same length of run time and about three times the amount of TBW.

DNewLS2.png

By comparison, I used my Samsung 830 128GB for for 6 years until I moved it to another machine last year. It's still going strong and shows much less wear in HDTune even after 29220 hours of use and 26 TBW. I guess it's a clear demonstration of how much better a premium brand can be.

Solution

roberto15762

Honorable
Apr 28, 2015
It's kind of sad the It's really hard to find a Samsung Evo here. Most of the time, it's double the price. My only option is a western digital 3d blue, which I think has a DRAM cache. Thanks for helping.