[SOLVED] SSD detected as hdd in bios and not showing up in boot priority

Dec 31, 2019
I recently transferred my old ssd to my new laptop which already had an ssd in it. when i try to install new windows os the laptop can't detect my old ssd (where the windows is installed) as the main boot priority and when i check it in bios settings, my old ssd is not in the boot priority list.. and here i'm sitting whithout knowing how to handle this.. btw my laptop is asus tuf fx505dv with bios version 3.03

Solution
Did you erase the drive prior to or just after putting it into the laptop?

If not, boot from a Windows installer USB or DVD (in whichever version you use) and use a command prompt to run diskpart on the drive. To get there at the Windows setup screen press the shift and F10 keys together and hold -- you should get the command prompt window.

If you need to do this, please reply and I'll give you step by step instructions.

RealBeast

Titan
Did you erase the drive prior to or just after putting it into the laptop?

If not, boot from a Windows installer USB or DVD (in whichever version you use) and use a command prompt to run diskpart on the drive. To get there at the Windows setup screen press the shift and F10 keys together and hold -- you should get the command prompt window.

If you need to do this, please reply and I'll give you step by step instructions.

Solution