[SOLVED] SSD detected in BIOS but not Disk Management after failed clone attempt with Macrium Reflect

Jun 24, 2019
Hi there,
I've got a new SSD and I was attempting to use Macrium Reflect to clone my boot drive. The disk was recognised and formatted and I'd started the clone process when I got an error:
"Clone failed - Error 8 - Write failed - 1167 - The device is not connected"

I assumed there must be something wrong with the connector, so I shut down my computer and removed one of my existing data drives, and used the connectors for that drive for my new SSD. It was recognised in BIOS as normal but it doesn't show up in Windows, not even in Computer Management > Disk Management.

I'm worried the SSD has been fried by the clone process being interrupted. Is there anything I can do to try to get the drive to be recognised again? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Well it seems the problem wasn't the drive or the connector but the sata port, or more accurately, this particular sata port and this particular drive. I swapped some cables around and this port seems to work fine for one of my regular drives but wasn't recognising the SSD. So it's working now. Not sure why, but that's how these things go sometimes...
Jun 24, 2019
Well it seems the problem wasn't the drive or the connector but the sata port, or more accurately, this particular sata port and this particular drive. I swapped some cables around and this port seems to work fine for one of my regular drives but wasn't recognising the SSD. So it's working now. Not sure why, but that's how these things go sometimes...

Solution