Question SSD died on me a fourth time

Jacob 51

Upstanding
Dec 31, 2020
So this is the fourth time I'm facing a cyclic redundancy check on my ADATA SU 630 240 GB. Why does this keep happening?
I fixed it three times with HDDscan app, but I won't do it again.

Should I just go on and throw it away?

So this is the fourth time I'm facing a cyclic redundancy check on my ADATA SU 630 240 GB. Why does this keep happening?

that ssd is known for it's failure, i personally wont trust adata budget/low end ssds. go with klevv, team, silcon power, for a good budget one.

Reactions: Krotow

Bob.B

Respectable

Have you tried reseating the sata data cable....both ends?
Have you tried a new data cable and port on the mobo?

Jacob 51

Upstanding
Dec 31, 2020
Worse than the ADATA...lol

How old is the ADATA?
Warranty replacement.
The ADATA is...I bought sometime near february.

That doesn't matter cause I can just go and fight the shopkeeper and get my money back.

I'm kinda confused here. Which SSD should I buy?
WD green?
I only have SATA ports.

The ADATA is...I bought sometime near february.

That doesn't matter cause I can just go and fight the shopkeeper and get my money back.

I'm kinda confused here. Which SSD should I buy?
WD green?
I only have SATA ports.
that ssd is known for it's failure, i personally wont trust adata budget/low end ssds. go with klevv, team, silcon power, wd green, for a good budget one.

popatim

Titan
WD Green = NO!! Not for a system drive, too slow. These are ok for as storage drives.

WD Blue = Sandisk Ultra = Good (the WD blue is a rebadged sandisk)
Crucial Mx500 series = good
Samsung 850/860/870 = good. as long as it's not the Qvo. Stick to the Evo or Pro versions.

Reactions: Quanticriver

Jacob 51

Upstanding
Dec 31, 2020
So I posted a thread before saying that my windows 10 on my SSD got converted into unallocated space and all data was lost.

This was because of Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling.
The error happened because my Integrated graphics was activated and driver was installed alongside the graphics card.
I tried this on a new WD Blue 240 GB SSD and the same happened. All data converted to unallocated after a while of turning on Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling, when the integrated was installed along with NVIDIA graphics card.

I appears like this happens after multiple boots. And a notification shows up in windows saying that the WINDOWS DRIVE needs to be checked for errors. After it checks the errors, it converts the data into unallocated space.

I forgot to mention, the SSD becomes unusable and displays Cyclic redundancy check and HDDScan app fixed it but erases all data.

Has the same happened to any of you guys?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS