Question SSD died on me for the fourth time ?

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
So this is the fourth time I'm facing a cyclic redundancy check on my ADATA SU 630 240 GB. Why does this keep happening?
I fixed it three times with HDDscan app, but I won't do it again.

Should I just throw it away?

So this is the fourth time I'm facing a cyclic redundancy check on my ADATA SU 630 240 GB. Why does this keep happening?
I fixed it three times with HDDscan app, but I won't do it again.

Should I just go on and throw it away?
that ssd is known for it's failure, i personally wont trust adata budget/low end ssds. go with klevv, team, silcon power, for a good budget one.

Reactions: Krotow
The ADATA is...I bought sometime near february.

That doesn't matter cause I can just go and fight the shopkeeper and get my money back.

I'm kinda confused here. Which SSD should I buy?
WD green?
I only have SATA ports.
that ssd is known for it's failure, i personally wont trust adata budget/low end ssds. go with klevv, team, silcon power, wd green, for a good budget one.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
So I posted a thread before saying that my windows 10 on my SSD got converted into unallocated space and all data was lost.

This was because of Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling.
The error happened because my Integrated graphics was activated and driver was installed alongside the graphics card.
I tried this on a new WD Blue 240 GB SSD and the same happened. All data converted to unallocated after a while of turning on Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling, when the integrated was installed along with NVIDIA graphics card.

I appears like this happens after multiple boots. And a notification shows up in windows saying that the WINDOWS DRIVE needs to be checked for errors. After it checks the errors, it converts the data into unallocated space.

I forgot to mention, the SSD becomes unusable and displays Cyclic redundancy check and HDDScan app fixed it but erases all data.

Has the same happened to any of you guys?

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
UPDATE ON THE SITUATION.

It was because of UEFI. I have been using the PC in legacy mode for like 2 months and the SSD didn't fail.
Is this because the motherboard (ZebronicsH61) is cheap and cannot handle UEFI?

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
it's not that "it cannot handle" but more like "is the windows installed in UEFI only mode"? My sata ssd worked on UEFI fully, no csm enabled in bios, full uefi.
Um, I installed the UEFI windows without disabling the CSM in bios.
For Disabling CSM, it gives an error "Set the video oprom to UEFI first" Something like this, and it was set on UEFI only instead of UEFI first.
If I set it to UEFI first, the display goes black and doesn't show anything on reboot.
The thing is that UEFI first settings works on my intel HD, but not on my dedicated graphics card. I removed the card and it worked fine.

Um, I installed the UEFI windows without disabling the CSM in bios.
For Disabling CSM, it gives an error "Set the video oprom to UEFI first" Something like this, and it was set on UEFI only instead of UEFI first.
If I set it to UEFI first, the display goes black and doesn't show anything on reboot.
The thing is that UEFI first settings works on my intel HD, but not on my dedicated graphics card. I removed the card and it worked fine.
that could be a problem with the GOP inside the gpu. If the card didn't have UEFI GOP it will causes the problem. What is the full specs of your system?

GT 1030 GDDR5 2GB White EXOC galax
Coolermaster MWE 450 watt bronze
Core i5 3470
Zebronics H61
12 GB RAM

How do I know the UEFI GOP?
that 1030 have a UEFI GOP, which leads its a motherboard issue since i know it on my P67 Sabertooth it wont boot with csm disabled and PCI Option Rom into efi compatible. its on the motherboard bios structure so i think it might be the issues. Could you post CPUZ screenshot in mainboard tab here?