Question SSD Disappearing Syndrome

May 8, 2019
I have bought this new SSD for about 3 months now. Its an Adata SU650. It just randomly disappears from my BIOS and Windows. If it boots, it would work normally, SMART shows no signs of failures. If it disappears from BIOS, I would need to power off the whole PC and discharge the whole computer, boot it again and it would work again.

I have 2 of them (adata su650), and everytime it happens, one of them will disappear first, and if I dont discharge the PC, the other one will disappear too after a few reboots / Power Cycle, I will need to discharge completely and both of them will work again.

Mobo I have : Asus H170 Pro gaming
SSD : Adata SU650 500GB

What Ive done so far.
  1. Switching a PSU to 750w
  2. Updating Motherboard FIrmware to latest.
  3. Switching to AHCI mode.
The SSD Disappearing Syndrome still happens randomly. No warnings. Normally during boot ups. I do think this is something is wrong with firmwares, cause it is very rare for 2 ssd to fail with the same symptoms and same period, and I heard that if SSD fails, it means that it fails, no boots up again or normal read write sequence, but mine works just fine if it boots.

May 8, 2019
Bump
Seems like a drive failure. One ssd controller is giving up randomly. If it works then it works like normal, but it would give up sometimes during boot up.
Dont buy adata, get something better.

Aug 13, 2019
I have 6 of these and notice the exact same issue. Updated to latest firmware aswell. I have Sandisk x400 and crucial mx500s and it doesnt happen on them at all. Only our pcs in the office that have the adata su650s.