ssd does not show up in bios

HazardManiac

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
Hi, a few days back I tried restarting my pc and it suddenly showed up the message "bootmgr is missing". I found out that my main OS ssd has dissapeard from my bios. I tried to change sata calbles, connections etc(tried everything) and still nothing. I have no idea what to do because I dont think that my ssd died. Also tried to recover pc with win7 installation disc and ssd doesnt show up in there also. Any idea whats going on?

Solution
Hmm,
Sorry man, can you try the drive in another PC?
Do you have another drive you can use as a boot drive and see if it will appear as a secondary drive?

I would first try another drive in the place of the SSD, use the same cable and the same motherboard port.
If the new drive appears then it is a problem with the SSD, either the drive itself or some specific configuration.
If the new drive doesn't appear then try the new drive with a new cable and repeat with same MB port, if it appears then it is likely the cable.
If the new drive still doesn't appear then try the new drive with a new cable and a different motherboard port, if it appears the it is likely an issue with the port or port configuration.
If it still doesn't appear then...

Kurdain1

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Have you tried a different channel on the motherboard?
Also check in the BIOS that the port didn't get turned off, on my board I have extended ports that can be disabled, not sure why it would happen to you but worth a look.
Do you have another drive you can plug into the same port using the same cable and at least see if it shows up in BIOS?
You can use troubleshooting techniques from there to isolate a suspected issue...

Kurdain1

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Hmm,
Sorry man, can you try the drive in another PC?
Do you have another drive you can use as a boot drive and see if it will appear as a secondary drive?

I would first try another drive in the place of the SSD, use the same cable and the same motherboard port.
If the new drive appears then it is a problem with the SSD, either the drive itself or some specific configuration.
If the new drive doesn't appear then try the new drive with a new cable and repeat with same MB port, if it appears then it is likely the cable.
If the new drive still doesn't appear then try the new drive with a new cable and a different motherboard port, if it appears the it is likely an issue with the port or port configuration.
If it still doesn't appear then, well then try the drive in another PC, if possible.

I know you've tried a lot of things but try it again is all I can say. :(

Solution