Question SSD Drive failing

Jul 15, 2019
Hello all - I have a question and have limited knowledge and do not want to screw up. I currently have an SK Hynix SC308 SATA 256 GB SSD Hard drive. It is in a RAID configuration with a Toshiba 2TB drive (raid 0 I believe. It cam configured that way in my Dell XPS desktop pc. I received warnings from my Intel Rapid Storage that I have an At Risk SMART event occurring. I ran SK Hynix diagnostic tool which told me the SSD drive had issues and could fail. I want to replace it with PC300 NVME SK hynix 256GB Solid State Drive - HFS256GD9MND-5510A BA (Which I have). My question is how can I hook this new drive up and clone the failed drive data including any system drive info if it has any. I don't want to lose any data or be down forever. I am looking for suggestions on 2.5 adapters to buy, the process to clone it, or is it even possible etc. I am running Windows 10 pro with 24 gig of ram 64 bit OS/x64-based processor in a Dell XPS 8900 system. I can provide any other info needed. If provided the direction I can make the changes or whatever I need to. I am technical enough to do that but just a little out of my area of expertise and a little nervous about data loss that I would like someone with more knowledge to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your help!

USAFRet

Titan
A RAID (either 0 or 1), with a 256GB SSD and a 2TB HDD?
I can think of no worse configuration that that.

You need to COPY whatever data you have in this RAID array off to somewhere else.
Then, start over with a full wipe and reinstall on a single drive.

In the SK Hynix if it is still viable.
Else, some other drive.

Forget cloning.

Again...RAID 0 or 1 with those two drives is the worst of both worlds.

Jul 15, 2019
I am open to suggestions. This PC is a workhorse for us so we want it to be fast. The sizable storage for us is just for our local dropbox sync. What can I replace augment etc to achieve fast and reliable with storage space for local dropbox files?