Question SSD dying or ?

Jul 24, 2019
I experienced random freezes recently on my PC Win 10. In event viewer its ESENT performance errors. Investigating a bit of it I came to conclusion that it has to do something with storage. I ran memtest, chkdsk all was ok. Then I ran hd tune pro and crytal disk and weird thing showed up ( as in picture ). Is it possible that my SSD Kingston drive has 2% of life remaining after just 3 months since buying whole new PC ? On the other side, crystal disk isnt showing any critical errors. I am confused, can anyone help or tell me what to do ?

View: https://imgur.com/a/yuqRYfP

Try downloading a free program called SSDLife to test the health of your SSD.

SSD-Life-for-Ultrabooks-free-no-crack.png

SMART attributes are poorly documented, so I haven't been able to find a spec sheet that I can trust.

Anyway, the average and max erase counts are 20 and 52, respectively. I would think that your SSD should be rated for 2000 or so P/E cycles.

The bad block count is 8, so this is not necessarily a problem (that's how the drive may have left the factory).

In short, the SSD Wear Indicator should be OK. This implies that the raw value (98%) is indicating the remaining life, while the normalised value (2) corresponds to (100 - life left).

That's only a hypothesis, though.

Given the SSD is only three months old, there is no chance you have used up it's endurance which is 80TBW. I have owned my Samsung 850 EVO for 2 years and only used 16TBW so far.

You are jumping to the conclusion the random freezes are caused by the SSD, but it may be caused by something else in your computer.

Jul 24, 2019
Given the SSD is only three months old, there is no chance you have used up it's endurance which is 80TBW. I have owned my Samsung 850 EVO for 2 years and only used 16TBW so far.

You are jumping to the conclusion the random freezes are caused by the SSD, but it may be caused by something else in your computer.

I can agree, but what confuses me most why Kingston SSD manager, HD Tune pro and Hard disk Sentinel are showing remaining life of 2%.

Thanks all for the answers, I will investigate further and monitor things. :(

prophet51

Reputable
Jun 14, 2019
I can agree, but what confuses me most why Kingston SSD manager, HD Tune pro and Hard disk Sentinel are showing remaining life of 2%.

Thanks all for the answers, I will investigate further and monitor things. :(
monitoring software often misreport that number back to front. I bet you've only used 2% of your drive life.