[SOLVED] SSD Dying? Windows Keeps throwing errors

Daan32

Reputable
Feb 19, 2017
Hi there,

So I bought this very lightly used 2TB adata SX8200 NVME SSD with only 10TB written to it. The person I bought it from had it running in a Raid 0 configuration.
Now the problem i'm having is that the drive acts kinda weird. Upon installing it, it would be detected, only to be undetected again. I couldn't format it and al these kinds of things.

Now for some reason it started working fine after a few hours of trial and error, I could install windows just fine. However, windows does occasionally keep detecting disk errors, which do fix, but (sometimes) show up after a little while of usage again, only for me to fix them again.
Moreover, Hard Disk Sentinel can actually read the S.M.A.R.T Data now, which it couldn't do before, and there's nothing out of the ordinary there.
I'm wondering why it was acting so weird? Is it because it used to be in Raid 0? Or is it just slowly dying?
Also, why does Windows sometimes keep detecting chkdsk errors?
I also still have my old boot SSD installed, to copy some files etc., could this maybe be causing some problems as well?

Thanks in advance!
-Daan

-PS. I didn't clone my old SSD, I went for a clean install of Windows 10

Last edited:
Solution
a little info the sx8100/sx8200 ata drives there using more then one ram and controller on these part numbers. had a friend last week blow up his sx8100 they had the wrong firmware on there web site. toms did a news picece that adata was swapping out parts on the sx8200 and the newer parts were making the drive run slower i would check to see if you have the right bios file for the drive. and email adata supprt to get the right bios file if yours is outdated. if the error still there see if you can get the ssd replaced.

Daan32

Reputable
Feb 19, 2017
I think you need to test your NVME on other system, preferably with other motherboard maker to be sure that it's not faulty.
I unfortunately don't have any other motherboards that have an slot, and buying one just for that purpose would be a little too expensive

Daan32

Reputable
Feb 19, 2017
Physically disconnect the other OS drive.
What happens?
I just got done copying files from my old windows install, so I'll do that now.
But I gotta say that I haven't got any more errors until now, I also performed a memory check which came out fine and I also ran another chkdsk from within the command prompt (which seemed to take longer than the previous ones) and that turned out fine as well

a little info the sx8100/sx8200 ata drives there using more then one ram and controller on these part numbers. had a friend last week blow up his sx8100 they had the wrong firmware on there web site. toms did a news picece that adata was swapping out parts on the sx8200 and the newer parts were making the drive run slower i would check to see if you have the right bios file for the drive. and email adata supprt to get the right bios file if yours is outdated. if the error still there see if you can get the ssd replaced.

Solution

Daan32

Reputable
Feb 19, 2017
Thanks! Will definitely look into this