[SOLVED] SSD enclosure

gta1216

Reputable
Oct 16, 2019
My coworker's laptop was having problem and Lenovo replaced his SSD harddrive and return the old one to him. He's trying to access it to retrieve his files.

I have no clue about SSD so I was hoping someone can tell me which of the following works for his SSD. The model no of his SSD is SSDSCKKF256H6L.

VANTEC NST-203C3-SV
SILVERSTONE MS09C-MINI
SILVERSTONE SST-MS09B
KINGWIN KM-U3MSATA

Was the drive password protected?

As for the enclosure, you would need to find one that reports a sector size of 512 bytes. Many are configured for 4KB sectors. That said, the "documentation" for USB enclosures rarely, if ever, mentions this specification, so good luck.

gta1216

Reputable
Oct 16, 2019
Was the drive password protected?

As for the enclosure, you would need to find one that reports a sector size of 512 bytes. Many are configured for 4KB sectors. That said, the "documentation" for USB enclosures rarely, if ever, mentions this specification, so good luck.

I don't know if the drive was password protected or not. It was his laptop harddrive. Lenovo replaced it and shipped the SSD back in the same box with his laptop.

gta1216

Reputable
Oct 16, 2019
My SSD (in enclosure) is not recognised when connected to Windows 10. The light on the enclosure is on, but I don't see the drive in windows explorer. The SSD was actually from a coworker's laptop. I'm trying to help retrieve all of the files. I went up disk management and it shows "disk 2, unknown, not initiated."

popatim

Titan

@gta1216
Did you read this? It is very relevant to your/his situation.

If you are using a desktop, then one of these should work https://www.amazon.com/ICY-DOCK-EZConvert-Tool-Less-Converter/dp/B07N6F3LVS since it will not be performing any sata to usb translations and accessing the drive in the correct 512 bit sector size format.

Last edited: