SSD feels like it not working properly

famaffe

Commendable
Jul 28, 2017
So today i installed my first ever SSD. (Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256 GB) I reinstalled a fresh version of windows on my hard drive and then cloned it over to my SSD. All was well and it seemed like all was good until i downloaded steam. I also downloaded a program called A3 laucher. And upon downloading arma 3 i started the Arma 3 laucher. Which took alot longer to load up than it used to do. The program felt very slow compared to what it did on my old hard drive.

I then pressed validate local files and nothing happened it was at 0% for like 5 mins. Then i opened task manager and saw that my disc usage was at like 0% and then i canceled the verification.

Immidiately after hitting cancel my disk usage shot up and i hit validate again and it went to 100% in an instant! I dont know what is going on and ive dont benchmarks for my ssd and it seems to be working there.... have i dont something wrong?

Not sure what is happening but if anyone can help me id appreciate it very much.

famaffe

Commendable
Jul 28, 2017
You had an HDD.
You did a fresh install on the HDD
Then you cloned it to the SSD.

I'd suggest starting over, and doing a clean install directly ont he SSD. Rather than cloning it from HDD to SSD.

How to do a CLEAN installation of Windows 10
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3567655/clean-instal...

The problem i had and why i did that was because i put my dvd in the system and it just installed it on the harddrive without asking me

USAFRet

Titan

When you install on the SSD, do it with only the SSD connected. Don't give things the opportunity to choose for you.

And "A3 Launcher" ? This is to start ARMA3, from other than valid sources?
That is also the problem.

famaffe

Commendable
Jul 28, 2017

Yeah i just disconnected the other drive and installing it yet again.

But i know its a 3rd party program its just that its never been that slow before :/.

But could my odd way of installing windows on the ssd cause the issues and oddities?

famaffe

Commendable
Jul 28, 2017

Ok so now windows seems to be installed. But now it’s not detecting my monitor.

When I go set it for 144 hz the monitor listed is called generic non pnp monitor. And it’s limited to 64 hz

USAFRet

Titan

You've also installed the driver for this GPU?

famaffe

Commendable
Jul 28, 2017

I got it to work. I guess i was abit impatient with it. Thanks for the support tho :)