Question SSD Filling Up?

christiancorby

Prominent
Apr 9, 2018
I have a 128 GB SSD that I only intended to use for windows. Over time the drive has began to fill up. It shows that 55.8 GB of Apps & Games are on this drive but I keep all of them on a separate drive. When I click to show what's installed there is nothing big taking up the drive space and there aren't a lot of small ones installed on the drive. How do I go about freeing up this space?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Running disk clean-ups with administrator privileges will get rid of any temporary or disposal past data.
Running a trim in defrag won't save much space, but may get you very small gains.
Clear your downloads folder and unneeded cache of applications (such as your browser).
Then look at what programs are taking up space and clear accordingly.

USAFRet

Titan
I have a 128 GB SSD that I only intended to use for windows. Over time the drive has began to fill up. It shows that 55.8 GB of Apps & Games are on this drive but I keep all of them on a separate drive. When I click to show what's installed there is nothing big taking up the drive space and there aren't a lot of small ones installed on the drive. How do I go about freeing up this space?
That "Apps & Games" is woefully inadequate regarding actual consumed drive space. There are a LOT of other things going on.

Install either WinDirStat or WizTree
Run as Administrator, selecting only the drive in question.

Post a screencap here.