Question SSD Firmware update caused fps drops

Jul 6, 2021
I have had issues with latency and sound dropouts before but they disappeared some months ago. But they reappered today when I closed my laptop lid without shutting down the laptop which caused it to go into sleep mode and make crackling (drop-outs) reappear. So I tried a fix I have seen which was updating my SSD firmware in Intel MAS to 004C. After the required restart I am now experiencing fps jumping up and down in warzone with which I had no issue before. Also, the Realtek audio control appeared on my computer and booted when I plugged my headphones (it was uninstalled for the past year, or so I thought). This app causes the issue of my audio disappearing when replugging in headphones so I uninstalled it.
How can I fix this, and why did updating SSD firmware make the Realtek audio control app reappear out of nowhere?

jojesa

Illustrious
Since the issue started before the firmware update, I don't think the issue might have been cause by the firmware update but by Windows reloading the sound drivers.

The sound drivers could have gotten corrupted.

I suggest you uninstall the audio drivers and get the latest version available from the laptop's manufacturer.

Jul 6, 2021
Since the issue started before the firmware update, I don't think the issue might have been cause by the firmware update but by Windows reloading the sound drivers.

The sound drivers could have gotten corrupted.

I suggest you uninstall the audio drivers and get the latest version available from the laptop's manufacturer.
Sorry, but the fps drops started only after the firmware update and I have not noticed any audio issues after uninstalling the realtek app.

jojesa

Illustrious
How do I do that? Also I reinstalled windows via an iso file and it did not fix the issue.
Hit the Windows key and R key, Type 'cmd' on the space and hit Enter to open the Command Prompt.
Type 'ping' leave a space, type the IP address of the game server (e.g., 8.8.4.4 ) and hit enter.
The ping results will be displayed.

If the round trip average takes less that 50ms, the your connection to the server is fine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS