Question SSD Firmware update caused fps drops

Jul 6, 2021
I have had issues with latency and sound dropouts before but they disappeared some months ago. But they reappered today when I closed my laptop lid without shutting down the laptop which caused it to go into sleep mode and make crackling (drop-outs) reappear. So I tried a fix I have seen which was updating my SSD firmware in Intel MAS to 004C. After the required restart I am now experiencing fps jumping up and down in warzone with which I had no issue before. Also, the Realtek audio control appeared on my computer and booted when I plugged my headphones (it was uninstalled for the past year, or so I thought). This app causes the issue of my audio disappearing when replugging in headphones so I uninstalled it.
How can I fix this, and why did updating SSD firmware make the Realtek audio control app reappear out of nowhere?

Since the issue started before the firmware update, I don't think the issue might have been cause by the firmware update but by Windows reloading the sound drivers.

The sound drivers could have gotten corrupted.

I suggest you uninstall the audio drivers and get the latest version available from the laptop's manufacturer.

Jul 6, 2021
Since the issue started before the firmware update, I don't think the issue might have been cause by the firmware update but by Windows reloading the sound drivers.

The sound drivers could have gotten corrupted.

I suggest you uninstall the audio drivers and get the latest version available from the laptop's manufacturer.
Sorry, but the fps drops started only after the firmware update and I have not noticed any audio issues after uninstalling the realtek app.

How do I do that? Also I reinstalled windows via an iso file and it did not fix the issue.
Hit the Windows key and R key, Type 'cmd' on the space and hit Enter to open the Command Prompt.
Type 'ping' leave a space, type the IP address of the game server (e.g., 8.8.4.4 ) and hit enter.
The ping results will be displayed.

If the round trip average takes less that 50ms, the your connection to the server is fine.